tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From "Viktor Szathmary" <phrak...@imapmail.org>
Subject Re: Engine vs Visit (was: naming question)
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2003 22:32:12 GMT
hi,

On Sat, 31 May 2003 12:52:40 -0500, "joe panico" <joe@panmachine.biz>
said:

> I still believe that the most confusing terminology/design in Tapestry is the
> Engine/Visit business. First, Engine does not, to me, sound like a per-session
> construct. Instead, it sounds like a piece of the app-server core (strictly
> terminology). Second, I don't understand why the user needs to hear about

i'm also somewhat confused on why the Engine should be stored in the
session... i don't think it should contain anything specific to the
session. on the other hand i can see that pooling is useful for this
object, but it should not matter which instance of the Engine is used for
the duration of a request - that sort of stuff should be kept in the
Visit, imho...

or do i misinterpret something?

regards,
  viktor