tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hls...@comcast.net>
Subject RE: Feedback about HiveMind
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2003 20:01:30 GMT
I'm just getting started ... sample code and better examples need to wait until HiveMind settles
down a bit.  I'm feeling that it's just about there.  I'm actually using HiveMind at work,
so I'm
seeing and fixing the rough edges.

An important aspect of HiveMind is that it work properly inside an EAR deployment.  I haven't
fully
tested, but I believe it does ... that's why it includes the necessary Ant tasks for creating
JAR
file manifests.

Tapestry today has a number of things that look just like HiveMind services: all those fun
interfaces available through the engine.  In Tap3.0 to override those implementations, you'll
have
to subclass BaseEngine; in Tap3.1 you'll override the default service implementation.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Tapestry: Java Web Components