tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From "Howard M. Lewis Ship" <hls...@comcast.net>
Subject RE: Any way to get ServletContext at time 'property-specifications' are processed?
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2003 12:09:18 GMT
> @com.interface21.web.context.support.WebApplicationContextUtil
> s@getWebApplicationContext(requestCycle.requestContext.applica
> tionServlet.servletContext)
>
> but unfortunately it doesn't work, since at the time
> property-specifications are processed, requestCycle's requestContext
> field is still null.

That doesn't sound right; the requestCycle was probably null.

I was looking for a way to make this work; it will require changes to allow you to gain access
the
requestcycle or requestcontext earlier.  Basically, the page is only attached to the engine
and
request cycle after it is fully constructed, and that's after default values for specified
properties are set.

Please add a bug.