tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From "Geoff Longman" <glong...@intelligentworks.com>
Subject Re: Re:OGNL
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2003 02:21:36 GMT
One of the goals of the new Spindle... I duck now to avoid the
inevitable "where is it!?!" responses ... is to have a faclility to
migrate template style component declartions to traditional specification
based declarations.

ie. MyPage.html...

    jwcid="someId@PropertySelection"

model="ognl:@telepathy.cust_operator.CustOperatorSummary@TeacherTypeSelectio
nModel"
    value="ognl:teacherType"
    submitOnChange="ognl:true">

into

< span jwcid="someId">

with the tapestry stuff moved automagically into MyPage.page

<component id="someId"  type="PropertySelection">
    <binding name="model">

telepathy.cust_operator.CustOperatorSummary@TeacherTypeSelectionModel
    </binding>
    <binding name="value">
        teacherType
    </binding>
    <binding name="submitOnChange">
        true
    </binding>
</component>

I want this feature real bad 'cuz is using the template decls rocks for
prototyping
but it sucks when one has to migrate them by hand.

Geoff