tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From "Geoff Longman" <glong...@intelligentworks.com>
Subject Re: OGNL
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2003 12:56:05 GMT
You could create an application extension:

Make a bean that does the required init in its constructor.

add an extension element to the .application file and mark it as immediate
which means "load on startup".

http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/doc/DevelopersGuide/spec.extension.html

Or  do as you suggest below...

> Here's a question.  If I use a custom Global-class in the
> web.application, do I need to override BaseEngine in order to create
> it?  Seems pretty redundant to have to do both things.  Why not have an
> IGlobal interface that handles the ServletContext parameters, so that
> BaseEngine can create my own Global class.  Then I just have to specify
> my custom class in the web.application, and presto (like the Visit).

You can specify the Global type as a property in the .application file too..

<property name="org.apache.tapestry.global-class" value="your class"/>

Geoff