tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard Lewis-Shell" <rlewissh...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Re:OGNL
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2003 02:06:40 GMT
> Say, one aspect of Struts I find very annoying is that when I'm using
> their expressions to access JBs and a null is down the line (ie.
> "office.city.address.line1" and address is null).  I want to handle
> this as elegantly as possible in Tapestry without adding a null handler
> to every JB class.  Can I add the null handler to an abstract class and
> have it effect instances of inherited classes?  This seems to be an
> OGNL question.

i'd love to be able to do this across inheritance hierarchies too. i.e. a
default null handler that would apply if no other handler were specified
would be excellent.  effectively just wanting a way to have OGNL evaluate an
expression "a.b.c.d" as null if _any_ of "a", "a.b", "a.b.c", or "a.b.c.d"
evaluate to null.