tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <li...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: junit failures
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2003 17:53:30 GMT
On Thursday, August 14, 2003, at 01:38  PM, Howard M. Lewis Ship wrote:
> Are the notes in the Contributor's Guide out of date?

A developer reading docs?!  Ha!  I just type 'ant' and see what happens
:)

I saw the jython info there.  Nothing about JDOM though.

> JDOM's license ... can't remember.  I actually want to rewrite the
> test drivers to use Digester
> instead of JDOM.  Time, time.

Jason Hunter created JDOM - so I suspect its pretty Apache-friendly.

> What I've been trying to do is move to Maven so that these are all
> non-issues, but Maven hasn't been
> ready for Tapestry yet.  Any help would be great.

*ugh* Maven.  You want help with that, look elsewhere!

But if you stick with Ant I'll definitely help.  :)

>> Why are you using <java> to run JUnit rather than the <junit> task
>> itself?
>
> I honestly don't remember why ... it may have been so that I could
> invoke the TapestrySuite whereas
> the <junit> task invokes each individual test case class individually.

I'll see if I can swap it out and submit a patch if I get it working.

> I wonder what this could be? First off, my release process includes
> running the unit tests and so I
> CAN'T make a release unless on unit tests work.

Excellent!

> And fine from the command line ("ant clean install junit").
>
> Ant 1.5.1, JDK 1.4 on Windows XP.  What's your env?

Ant 1.6alpha (my custom build of it), JDK 1.4 on Windows XP.  I really
doubt its an Ant version issue, but I'll keep digging.  I really just
wanted to report them - but I'm happy to dig to see what's up.  I won't
be back on this until Monday though.

	Erik