tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <li...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: vote for me
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2003 23:12:01 GMT
On Wednesday, August 20, 2003, at 01:15  PM, Howard M. Lewis Ship wrote:
> The more the merrier.  I also liked the "goodbye Struts!" posting :-).

:))

Let's just hope Tapestry makes our projects clean and fast to develop!

> In all fairness, we've said (and Apache guidelines state) that the
> real process for becoming a
> committer is to become a "presence" in the community, supply docs and
> patches, and work your way in.

Yup, I dig it.  That's how I've become a committer on other projects
and Member.  I'll gladly submit patches to fix "@seince" -> "@since"
and many IField -> IFormComponent (? I think - code is on a different
machine at the moment) links in JavaDoc comments, I just figured it'd
be easier to commit it myself.  I've been doing a lot of digging around
in the source code in IDEA, and I see lots of red markers in JavaDoc -
its more fun for me to look at the code if I fix it locally and not see
red squigglies everywhere, so I'm already doing that locally.

> BTW ... to the many lurkers; Erik has the right first step here ... if
> you want to become a
> committer, the first step is announce that your're interested.

Well, the traditional right step is to start submitting patches and
show you know what the heck you're doing.  I'll be the first to admit
I'm learning the codebase as we speak.  But at the moment I'm only
proposing JavaDoc fix-ups which are fairly pervasive.

	Erik