tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Harish Krishnaswamy <hkrishnasw...@comcast.net>
Subject HiveMind feedback/questions
Date Mon, 08 Sep 2003 20:19:36 GMT
I put the Adder example together with a LoggingInterceptor in three
modules and its pretty slick. Although the free form schema gets my head
spinning ;). I think it'll take a little bit to get adjusted to living
without constraints! I like the fact that it can support both IoC and
SoC, nice! And the documentation is great.

I have a few questions:
1. What is rationale behind the names <service...> and
<extension-point...>? That would probably clarify my confusion with the
names. It got me a little confused initially,
<service-extension-point...> and <config-extension-point...> is more
intuitive to me.
2. How to debug deferred services when dynamic proxies are used?
3. In the BuilderFactory which service extension point id gets stored in
the point-id-property? For example, if I use a LoggingInterceptor like...
  <extend-service service-id="hivemind.examples.Adder">
    <interceptor service-id="hivemind.LoggingInterceptor" order="10"/>
  </extend-service>

Thanks,
Harish