tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From hls...@comcast.net
Subject Re: AbstractEngine's IPropertySource
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2003 16:18:15 GMT
I think I had the other idea; that an administrator should be able to set defaults for anything
where something more specific was not set.

So, you have JVM system properties (which can be set by the admin by modifying the app server
startup scripts) with the lowest priority.

The servlet context init params come next, the the servlet init params.

Then (if memory serves) individual pages and components can override things specified at the
higher levels.

In other words, "developer knows best" was my philosophy, with packager or administrator able
to provide details left out by the developer.  Capiche?