tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject AbstractEngine's IPropertySource
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2003 16:14:34 GMT
I like how the IPropertySource stuff works!

I'm curious how the order of sources in the default
DelegatingPropertySource in AbstractEngine.createPropertySource was
chosen, though.

I'm coming from an Ant-immutable-properties-are-a-good-thing
perspective where controlling things from the outside is really
helpful.  Personally, I would have reversed the order of things
allowing system properties to take precedence (or perhaps the extension
property source) and have .application and web.xml settings come in
last.

Yes, I know I can easily override this behavior, but I was just curious
what the thinking is with property ordering.

Thanks,
	Erik