tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: type conversion
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2003 15:13:45 GMT
On Thursday, November 13, 2003, at 10:57  AM, Erik Hatcher wrote:
> Ok, so I've been digging and am in deep to ExpressionBinding.  I don't
> see a way to inject something into the OGNL context with a specific
> key.  ExpressionBinding calls Ognl.setValue directly, rather than
> going to OgnlUtils for the setting.  So I'm almost sure
> ExpressionBinding is where I need to add something to the context,
> which trickles down to everywhere ExpressionBinding is constructed, or
> have it pick up some setting somehow automatically.

Ok, I want to be able to call:

	Ognl.setTypeConverter(_context, someTypeConverter)

from within ExpressionBinding.getOgnlContext

I want to get a type converter from an extension specified in the
.application file, and of course if one is not there then don't make
that call.

How can I get an extension from within ExpressionBinding?

Thanks,
	Erik