tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Haberman <step...@beachead.com>
Subject Re: is info level logging appropriate now?
Date Fri, 19 Dec 2003 03:46:06 GMT
On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 10:22:52PM -0500, Howard M. Lewis Ship wrote:
> At one time I was very proud of all the logging Tapestry did ...
> but now I have better debuggers to use :-)
>
> I, for one, would not object to moving all of those life cycle
> output down from info to debug.

I thought I'd just mention that I think Tapestry's logging output is
great, and you are right to be proud of it.

It helped me a great deal in figuring out how the compile-time
class/data structures morph/build together at runtime.

I've always had trouble making this mapping from mere source code to
dynamic, runtime behavior, especially when jumping across files and
classes and what not. But Tapestry was quite a pleasant surprise.
And in an open source project even. :-)

- Stephen