tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Harish Krishnaswamy <hkrishnasw...@comcast.net>
Subject Component properties
Date Sun, 11 Jan 2004 07:59:18 GMT
Hi,

I was trying to associate some values with the components I declare in the page to be used
later
during validation. I saw that *property* can be specified even during the component declaration
and
tried to use it, but to no avail.

<!ELEMENT component (_property_*, (...)*)>

1. How would I retrieve the property specified in the declaration?
<component...>
	<property name="xyz" value="xyzVal" />
</component>

2. Wouldn't it be nice to set some arbitrary properties in the component that can be retrieved
and
used by an external entity? For example, I can set the entity property name in the TextField

component and such that I have a mapping of the component with the actual entity property.
Something
like...
<component...>
	<set-property name="..." expression="..." />
</component>

Like what we now have for beans. This can be worked around when informal parameters are allowed
but
wouldn't be elegant IMO.

Thanks,
Harish