tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Advertising on user list?
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2004 23:19:39 GMT
On Jan 5, 2004, at 5:21 PM, Howard M. Lewis Ship wrote:
> What is the general consensus about advertising on the tapestry-user
> list.  With the end of the book
> effort in sight, I need to start drumming up business for myself. Is
> it a horrible abuse to post to
> the list advertising my services? More so than my blog? What about on
> the Tapestry web site?

Go for it.  Be slightly subtle about.  For example, sometimes I'll
answer a question on the Ant user list by quoting "from page 27 of Java
Development with Ant...." :)

And absolutely no problem with putting "Consulting Services" on the
Tapestry website.  Heck, add eHatcher Solutions, Inc. to the list also
:))

	Erik