tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From "Mindbridge" <mindbridge...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: form listeners
Date Wed, 19 May 2004 13:45:24 GMT
> Any disagreements?

Yes, to the proposal in that form. Unfortunately, this is totally backward
incompatible and will cause a hell of a lot of chaos if one were to upgrade
from 3.0 to 3.1.

There have been a lot of discussions about this in the past -- search for
"delayed listeners".

The proposal that I personally favour at the moment is to add new,
additional listener parameters (e.g. 'delayedListener') to all of the
components that currently have a listener (they are quite a few). Those
delayed listeners would be invoked after the form goes through the rewind
process, but before the form's listener is invoked. Basically the invocation
sequence becomes:

- form rewind + normal listeners
- delayed listeners
- form listener

This provides the needed behaviour and the old listeners are preserved.

(one other possibility is to have the form component also provide a
delayedListener and adjust the invocation sequence appropriately, but I
pesonally do not see any reason to do that)

Overall, however, there is a great need to have something like this
implemented.

-mb