tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From "Anatoli Krassavine" <anatoli.krassav...@intellidos.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] JDK 1.4 for Tapestry 3.1
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2004 15:52:23 GMT
Well, in the worst case scenario (when both 1.3 and 1.4 has to be
supported), all of those features are reasonably straightforward to
localize.

In my personal opinion, 1.4 is the first fully mature Java release from Sun,
so it makes sense to base Tapestry 3.x on it.

Cheers,
 Toly

-----Original Message-----
From: Howard M. Lewis Ship [mailto:hlship@comcast.net]
Sent: 10 June 2004 16:35
To: 'Tapestry development'
Subject: RE: [DISCUSS] JDK 1.4 for Tapestry 3.1

Two features I would like to take advantage of:

Regular expressions (so as to remove the dependency on Jakarta ORO)
Easier access to stack trace (better, more accurate output on the Exception
page)

There's also a bit of code here and there that works around JDK bugs that
are fixed in 1.4.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry