tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Danny Angus <Danny_An...@slc.co.uk>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] JDK 1.4 for Tapestry 3.1
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2004 14:13:03 GMT

> I say go for it. 1.4 has been out for a long time now...

I'd temper that with a note of caution, many big organisations have a much
slower turn around time, the suppliers of software have to upgrade it to be
compatible with the newer JVM, then the organisation itself has to evaluate
and upgrade.

We've only recently gone to 1.4, because we've only recently upgraded
oracle software, which itself demanded 1.3 for quite a while after 1.4 was
out.

In point of fact if we were still running our appservers on the UNIX we had
been using we'd *still* not be able to upgrade to 1.4 and be supported by
Oracle.

My Point?.. Make sure that your reasons for upgrading Tapestry's
requirement are sound, and don't do this on a whim just because you fancy
messing about with nio or jdbc3.

d.

viruses.