tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Mikaël Cluseau <n...@nwrk.dyndns.org>
Subject Re: Question about form actions handling
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2004 14:53:39 GMT
Le mercredi 27 octobre 2004 à 08:14 -0400, Howard Lewis Ship a écrit :
> The blessing and the curse of OGNL is that we don't have an easy way
> of knowing where data comes from or goes; this makes a second rewind
> phase a chancy proposition.

In guess this is when we have, for instance, a checkbox controlling a
Conditional, because then the second rewind won't recreate the same
form. Sorry, I didn't though about that (I was looking for a solution in
the ForEach case).

Then, what about the following : make the ForEach (or the generated page
subclass setters, may work) record the property changes in a
"context" (something like "set property X to value Y", in a list) which
will be recorded by the triggered Submit; after the form's rewind, the
"context" is recreated by resetting properties in the same order as they
where during the rewind process and the action method is executed.

This could be added a possible value for the "execute" parameter
(deferred, immediate, in_context).

Is it a better draft ?