tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Pietsch <andr...@forge.com.au>
Subject URL question
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2004 04:08:09 GMT
Hello all,

In our companies first Tapestry application I had the requirement to
pass parameters between every page (to stop session stealing with
multiple browser windows active).  To achieve this I created a custom
DataSqueezer and subclassed every engine service to override
service.getLink(...) to embed the custom parameters into every link and
service.service(...) to extract them and insert them into every page.

While this approach worked a treat, I was wondering if:
a) it was indeed the correct approach for this problem (as it seemed a
little messy).
b) the new URL mechanisms being developed for 3.1 might simplify this.

Thanks and cheers
Andrew

--
Andrew Pietsch
Forge Research Pty Ltd

This message contains privileged and confidential information intended
only for the use of the addressee named above. If you are not the
intended recipient of this message you must not disseminate, copy or
take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this message
in error please notify the sender immediately. Any views expressed in
this message are those of the individual sender, except where the
sender specifically states them to be the views of another (including
a Body Corporate).
If you wish to opt out from future messages, send an email to
unsubscribe@forge.com.au with the subject UNSUBSCRIBE