tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Jones <Tjo...@metamatrix.com>
Subject RE: Frames in Tapestry
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2005 15:00:25 GMT
Toli,

We are researching frameworks (Struts, JSF, Tapestry, WebWork) in a effort
to select one for an upcoming project. We are currently using Jato (S1AF),
but are looking for something better. We are creating test applications in
all four frameworks using frames, a tree, and a dynamic table. I have been
tasked with the Tapestry application. I found the tree component that works
when I set it as my home page, but when I point to the html from as a frame
src I just get the empty HTML. Any example you could share with me regarding
frame usage woul be very much appreciated.

Thanks!
Ted

-----Original Message-----
From: Anatoli Krassavine [mailto:anatoli.krassavine@intellidos.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 05, 2005 6:12 PM
To: 'Tapestry development'
Subject: RE: Frames in Tapestry

Hello Ted,

Yes - I have been coding frames in practically every project I did with
Tapestry.

I have never used the generic Frame component. My problem is that in current
implementation it is effectively static whereas in my workflows I usually
need to pass custom parameters from the frameset to frames. Therefore my
usual practice is to create a custom Frame component.

I would be very happy to help if I know what you want to achieve.

Cheers,
 Toly

Software Consultant
Intellidos Limited