tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Ted Jones <Tjo...@metamatrix.com>
Subject RE: Tree Requires all Objects to be Serializable
Date Mon, 10 Jan 2005 14:07:15 GMT
Thanks for the reply Tsvetelin... I don't believe rebuiding the data model
on each request is a viable option though, given that are model can be
rather large.

Thanks again for your feedback...
Ted

-----Original Message-----
From: Tsvetelin Saykov [mailto:tsvetelin.saykov@rushmore-digital.com]
Sent: Monday, January 10, 2005 5:34 AM
To: Tapestry development
Subject: Re: Tree Requires all Objects to be Serializable

Hi Ted,

By default the use FullTreeStateManager, class determine which data from
model will be stored in session. You can write your own TreeStateManager
that will store only the TreeStateModel(that contains only node IDs) in
session and will build the data model on each request. But in
default/general TreeDataModel the node ID is a TreePath object that contains
a chain of all nodes from root to the current. You should re-write the
default TreeDataModel to return other type on node ID (for example some long
or string property of your node which is unique in all tree structure).

Tsvetelin