tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Howard Lewis Ship <hls...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Persistence/Engine Changes
Date Sat, 08 Jan 2005 17:50:00 GMT
I'm looking for more and more ways to differentiate Tapestry from JSF.
 JSF may catch up to how Tapestry does HTML  templates at some point,
but Tapestry will be way ahead by then in other areas, such as client
state management.

Obviously, Tapestry has a huge heads up on useablility, but its
necessary to contrast the Microsoft style of JSF ("you will do things
our way, with our tools, for that iis the only way") with Tapestry's
more Java styled open ended approach ("here are all the tools you
need, build what you need from them").

On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 14:31:08 -0300, Jonathan Millett <jon@millett.net> wrote:
> Fantastic! Just what I was looking forward to :-)
>
> Howard Lewis Ship wrote:
>
> >In fact, the types of persistence is pluggable; you'll be able to add
> >new kinds (they're called property persistence strategies).
> >
> >If there's time, I'll be adding some persistence strategies for HTTP
> >cookies and query parameters.

Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
Creator, Jakarta HiveMind