tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Howard Lewis Ship <hls...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Need for 3.0.2
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2005 16:00:19 GMT
I have no problem fixing these in 3.1, but for 3.0.2 only absolutely
essential fixes should go in.  For Tapestry-220, you may need to
create a synthetic property to translate for java.io.Reader to string;
 for TAPESTRY-263 you may need to use two components instead of one
(or roll your own component that does what you need). Neither of these
is critical and both are easy to work around.

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 08:29:04 -0500, Erik Hatcher
<erik@ehatchersolutions.com> wrote:

> On Feb 4, 2005, at 7:14 AM, Markus Wiederkehr wrote:
> > Maybe Tapestry-220 and Tapestry-263 could go into the 3.0.2 release?
>
> Both of these seem like enhancements to me that can wait for 3.1.
> Though I have no objections if TAPESTRY-220 is applied - I've yet to
> use the InsertText component myself.
>
> TAPESTRY-263 I don't really agree with.  Why not use CSS and the
> informal class="..." parameter for @Insert?  Or wrap it with an @Any if
> you need to get an element around it.
>
> Any word on a new OGNL release?
>
>         Erik