tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Jakarta-tapestry Wiki] Update of "WishList" by JamieOrchardHays
Date Wed, 06 Apr 2005 18:47:45 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Jakarta-tapestry Wiki" for change
notification.

The following page has been changed by JamieOrchardHays:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-tapestry/WishList

  HenriDupre:
-  * A little detail I'd like to see changed in Tapestry 3.1 (now 4 it seems) is the order
of DataSqueezers registration in the framework. To integrate hibernate objects into the squeezer
today, you need to create a superclass for all the hibernate objects (because the defaults
types are registered before user types) and this makes impossible to use an interface for
all the hibernate objects instead of a superclass.
+  * A little detail I'd like to see changed in Tapestry Picasso (will be 3.1 or 4.0) is the
order of DataSqueezers registration in the framework. To integrate hibernate objects into
the squeezer today, you need to create a superclass for all the hibernate objects (because
the defaults types are registered before user types) and this makes impossible to use an interface
for all the hibernate objects instead of a superclass.
   * Something that is really bugging me with Tapestry 3 is the callback methods on the page
for loading data. If you have a property in a page that needs data to be loaded into it, today
the most obvious place is to write that at pageBeginRender. But this gets really weird with
the rewinding because pageBeginRender gets called twice, so you have to add somekind of check
if (getMyProperty() == null) then { //load data }. Also with the rewinding, you must be careful
not to rely on any properties because they won't be loaded at the first run. That was really
difficult to understand when I started with Tapestry. I think it would be much better to have
specific interfaces: for instance, "initProperties(IRequestCycle cycle)" called once for every
page after the @Hidden fields in a form are processed.

  ThijsSuijten: Wouldn't it be nice to once and forever get rid of "back" "forward" and "refresh"
hell while developing a web application?