tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Thijs Suijten <t.suij...@semantica.nl>
Subject Locked pageRecorder
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2005 09:46:47 GMT
I posted an issue to the users mailing list but I didn’t get a
satisfying answer so I’d like to try it here.

I've been working with Tapestry for quit a while now. I still haven't
figured out why persistent page properties cannot be modified during the
render phase. (I get a locked error)

In my case I want to do the caching/initialization in a component, this
cannot be done in the pageBeginRender because the pageBeginRender is a
listener. I don't know in what order the listeners are being called and
this causes a problem. The model is being passed to the component by a
parameter, which is initialized in the component's-parent-page
pageBeginRender. Because I don't know which pageBeginRender is called
first I get a NullPointerException, in my case the component's
pageBeginRender is being called first and then the
component's-parent-page pageBeginRender.

This results in not being able to do anything in the component's
pageBeginRender because the model is null at that point, because the
pageBeginRender is the last place I can set persistent page properties,
I have a problem.

I hope you understand my problem, english is not my native tongue so
explaining such a complex problem is difficult...

Thijs Suijten - The Netherlands.