tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian K. Wallace" <br...@transmorphix.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Tapestry Release Names
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2005 00:36:32 GMT

I must admit I thought the 'names' was more for Apr. 1 than a real
suggestion (picked a bad day to bring it up I think). As for actually
using names, I agree that it's a duplication that can get confusing and
adds no value add to the developer/user experience. When developing
against "3.0" and there's a problem it's easy to say "upgrade to 3.1".
But when users start using different releases that have names as well as
numbers, how many times will we see "I'm using Picasso, should I use
4.0?" - when 4.0 _is_ Picasso. I think sticking with numbers - while
'bland' - has certain benefits over 'numbers AND names'. Were we talking
about a complete system as opposed to a framework, maybe it'd make more
sense.

My .02. -0 on this one... won't stand in the way, but it's going to be
more trouble than its worth in my view. But non-binding in any case.