tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Viktor Szathmary <phrak...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Delayed listeners
Date Sun, 03 Apr 2005 07:01:52 GMT
hi julien,

there a few workarounds you can use:

- put your logic in the Form's listener, and just set a flag in the
button-listeners (instead of processing all fields).

- take a look at the Defer component described here to rearrange the
rendering sequence:

http://howardlewisship.com/blog/2004/12/back-from-shoppingcom-defer-component.html

this is indeed one of the annoying things in Tapestry: it's
counterintuitive, and when you're trying to explain it to a new
tapestry user it seems very close to handwaving :)

regards,
  viktor