tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From "Mark Stang" <mst...@pingidentity.com>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS] Tapestry Release Names
Date Fri, 01 Apr 2005 17:29:13 GMT
When will it be available in JPython?

-----Original Message-----
From: Howard Lewis Ship [mailto:hlship@gmail.com]
Sent: Fri 4/1/2005 10:23 AM
To: Tapestry development
Subject: [DISCUSS] Tapestry Release Names

So, the current debate about Tapestry 3.1 vs. Tapestry 4.0 underscores why
so many projects use a release name not a release number for upcoming
releases.

I think Tapestry should start doing that; express the road map with release
names.

I was just IM-ing with Erik, and brainstorming a "theme" for release names.
The one we liked was city names. I chose a few favorite cities, with easy
(single word) names: Portland, Vancouver, Boston, Amsterdam , etc.

So here's a possible roadmap:

   - Tapestry Portland: HiveMind integration + Portlet support (aka 3.1or
   4.0)
   - Tapestry Vancouver: Remove inheritance requirements, remove abstract
   methods/classes (probably 5.0), more sensible naming, etc.
    - Tapestry Amsterdam: Re-implement in Ruby :-)

Thoughts?

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry