tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From "Vjeran Marcinko" <vjeran.marci...@email.t-com.hr>
Subject Re: [RESULT] Remove default-binding - failed?
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2005 16:16:55 GMT
Such a shame that this voting hasn't taken place *before* introducing this
feature ;)

Anyway, since I'm a bit scared of this, just wanted to ask following -
Let's say Tapestry 4.0 goes final with this feature included, and then real
evaluation of this takes place when all users start using it, and let's just
say it proves to be bad experience (doesn't have to, though) after staying
around for half of year let's say. Will it be possible to remove it then,
once it had been out for so long as part of 4.0, or this feature is one of
those that would overly impact existing Tapestry apps to be ever removed?

-Vjeran

----- Original Message -----
From: "Howard Lewis Ship" <hlship@gmail.com>
Newsgroups: gmane.comp.jakarta.tapestry.devel
Sent: Friday, June 03, 2005 3:19 PM
Subject: [RESULT] Remove default-binding - failed?

I actually favor default-binding, I think it "looks nice", but it
seems to be causing a lot of confusion, and may violate the
"Consistency" principle.  When in doubt ... vote; we'll see what the
majority states.

Binding votes:

Howard M. Lewis Ship: -0
Geoff Longman: +1
David Solis: +0
Erik Hatcher: +0
Harish Krisnaswamy: -1
Paul Ferraro: +1
Richard Lewis-Shell: -1

Non-binding votes:

Brian K. Wallace: +1
Mikaël Cluseau: +0
Davor Hrg: +1
Jamie Orchard-Hays: +1
Jérôme BERNARD: -1

For non-veto votes, you need more +1 than -1s, and we have an even
split in the binding category. I think this counts as a failure, so
we'll leave the code the way it is, for the meantime.