tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Jakarta-tapestry Wiki] Update of "SuccessStories" by HenriDupre
Date Sat, 03 Sep 2005 05:54:39 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Jakarta-tapestry Wiki" for change
notification.

The following page has been changed by HenriDupre:
http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-tapestry/SuccessStories

  [http://www.brother.com.mx Brother International de Mexico] is one  of the premier providers
of multifunction centers, printers and facsimile machines. Brother was established in Mexico
on 1992 and markets many products manufactured by its parent company, Brother Industries,
Ltd., of Nagoya, Japan.

+ == Actualis.com ==
+
+ We are one of the top 10 (computers, parts for home users and professionals) resellers in
France. Our new website is completely based on Tapestry 3. Behind Tapestry 3 we are using
Hibernate 3, Spring and JiBX. We have more than 200000 customers and more than 10000 products
online.
+
+ Our choice of Tapestry was done after the difficulty to evolve our old php website. Many
of our internal applications were done in Java, and then Tapestry had the best solution for
form management, reusing components and manangement. Also the separation of code/presentation
convinced the management.
+
+ The really nice thing about tapestry is that the framework pushes you to write component
based. At the beginning of the project it did not make that much sense, but after 8 months
of development, we have a large library of components that are saving an incredible amount
of development time.
+
+ -- Henri Dupre
+