tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse Kuhnert <jkuhn...@gmail.com>
Subject new hivemind library project
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2005 18:48:48 GMT
In case anyone here had any opinions, I was pondering setting up a tiny
little hivemind library project on sourceforge to provide common
functionality for things that lots of users seem to be requiring time and
time again. Like hibernate accesss/security/file view services/etc...

I think Hivetranse looks good, but I remember getting pissed off reading the
faq entry regarding putting the source in cvs as something that "should not
be counted on anytime soon", and so rolled my own solution for most of these
things.

It almost doesn't seem worth the effort, does anyone have an opinion on
this? I don't want to get stuck adding all kinds of features and crap to it
right away which is what makes it sad, but it would be so easy to stick it
out there and tell people to submit patches if they want more....

Or.....perhaps some of the external services in projects like hivetranse
should be more clearly referenced directly in the tapestry docs? Maybe the
users guide could have a page for "external libraries" that briefly
describes some of the common problems people need to solve and how and which
library provides a solution, with the caveat that it is not maintained by
any tapestry developers so use at your own risk ;) ....

thoughts
jesse