tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Geoff Longman <glong...@gmail.com>
Subject Are ongoing changes in the 3.0 branch verbotten?
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2005 12:59:50 GMT
I've run into an issue in Tapestry 3.0.3 and now another user on the
list is requesting the same thing.

Basicly I have a squeeze adapter that squeezes objects obtained from
Hibernate for use in forms. I'd like to be able to use the same thing
in my persistent properties. This would entail creating a custom
PageRecoder that checks for my Hib objs and squeezes them before
inserting into the session and unsqueezes them upon recovery from the
session.

Problem is the implementation of BaseEngine#createPageRecorder(String
pageName, IRequestCycle cycle) relies on private variables and thus is
not easily overridable.

Fixing this behaviour is easy but it would involve a commit into the
3.0 branch. Is 3.0 too "dead" for this?

Geoff

--
The Spindle guy.           http://spindle.sf.net