tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Howard Lewis Ship <hls...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: About components in libraries
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2005 18:20:25 GMT
It's something of a sideeffect of the delegation that allows you to
use Tapestry framework components with out having to prefix with
"framework:".  Hidden in there is an optimization to reduce the cost
of resolving an unprefixed component type. It may be a bug, but its
not harming anyone.

On 9/16/05, Andreas Andreou <andyhot@di.uoa.gr> wrote:
> Let's say I have a library named testlib,
> with only one component TestComp.
>
> If i include in a template something like
>
> then I won't get any errors reported (shouldn't I? testlib does not
> contain any Form component )
> and instead the Form component of the framework will be used.
>
> Is this the expected and designed behavior?

Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry
Creator, Jakarta HiveMind