tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Ron Piterman <rpiter...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: PageRedirectException in pageBeginRender or pageAttached
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2005 11:16:25 GMT
I am also often pissed off with how tapestry is handeling the comunity,
but you should remember that if you want to add a class (like the patch
you sent) it is not neceserily a bug, its a wish, and wishes are... how
should i say it... well, free? This "patch" you posted - there is no
problem of placing it in your classpath and using it, you *don't* need
tapestry to have it in the codebase to use it, and its not a bug which
prevents you going on...

now about real bugs - like Jesse said its open source, but I guess he
forogt something important and that is - you don't need the tapestry
team in order to apply your patches :

Fix the bug,
create a patch,
apply the patch,
build tapestry,
bug is gone,
post the patch to jira.

If you don't do it this way, and complain that bugs are not being fixed,
well... a part from open source is interaction with the community.

Some people understand "interaction" as "I submit a bug and you fix it"
- may be, and then again, may be not...

Cheers,
Ron

ציטוט Leonardo Quijano Vincenzi: