tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Norbert Sándor <develo...@erinors.com>
Subject Re: generating component documentation
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2006 11:24:04 GMT
Hi,

Some people have been interested in tapdoc, so I've managed to have some
time to work on it. Now it is working with the final Tapestry 4, a sample
output is at http://www.erinors.com/product/tapdoc/sample/index.html .

The following things are on my TODO list before I will release it:
- an optional javadoc-like layout (with a 3-part frameset: libraries,
components, documentation per frame)
- allowing hyperlinks in descriptions, like linking to another component,
library or Java class
- an optional ComponentName.tapdoc.xml file which contains additional
documentation for the component: see-also section, visual sample, examples,
etc.
- extract description of annotated parameter definitions (@Parameter) from
the javadoc of the parameter getter/setter (using qdox)
- Ant task for the generator

If you have any ideas please let me know. As I can now see, in the next 1-2
weeks I will have enough spare time to finish it (the core is already
finished).

But now I go to the mountains, see you on Monday ;)

Regards,
Norbi