tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Geoff Longman <glong...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tapestry 5 thoughts
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2006 15:26:59 GMT
Yes I think that the framework should make doing Ajax easier (partial
rendering of pages) but tying the framework to dojo is a bad idea.
That said, there is an avenue for Tacos to come into the fold, it's
called the contrib library. In there it can bring dojo along too.

Geoff

On 2/1/06, Ron Piterman <rpiterman@gmx.net> wrote:
> Leonardo Quijano Vincenzi wrote:
> > Dojo should be optional, IMO, but with a global switch (on/off). I don't
> > know if that's too naive, but it should be possible to enable /
> > disabling it by just changing the configuration (What I mean is, that
> > there should be no need of changing the components)
> >

> -1 on this integration.
>
> Are there any benefits beside enabling some ajax or effects magic ?
>
> I am also opposing integrating Tacos into Tapestry, but thats another
> thema...
>
> Instead of centralizing Tapestry - so good components come only from the
> main distribution, keep the libraries of components out there, like
> tacos is, make their life simple by joining development to make the
> support better, just like the case with Jesse is, but tapestry should
> stay a framework and not a solution, to the maximum extent abstract.
>
> e.g. : it should evolve to allow partial page rendering, making tacos
> life much easier, but keep the implementation of components to others,
> just like in the case of JSF...
>
> Cheers
> Ron

The Spindle guy.          http://spindle.sf.net