tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From "Geoff Longman" <glong...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Discuss]long - Tapestry 5 stuff.
Date Sun, 26 Feb 2006 20:09:49 GMT
I've been thinking about the page/component xml files some more.

If they're out for T5 they are out. end of email.

If they were to stay in this form only:

On 2/26/06, Geoff Longman <glongman@gmail.com> wrote:
<snip!>

> There is only one case: keeping cruft out of the templates.

<snip!>
> I say keep the xml, but collapse it so that only <component> and

(BTW <meta> should be dropped too, replaced by annotations)

Then the xml falls out of any primary role in instantiating a page and
only comes into play during the later stages of the PageLoader's work.
That is, the part that builds the component tree.

I say link this stripped down xml to the template (somehow) since (in
my world) it no longer plays a role in instantiating the page - it's
just used to build the component tree. It's now just a facet of the
template.

Geoff