tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From "Jesse Kuhnert" <jkuhn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 4.1 pretty much finished now
Date Mon, 03 Jul 2006 17:42:11 GMT
I should probably add a new documentation page to the site today to address
these questions. I've been getting enough of them that it will be easier for
me to just do it once. I'll do this later today.

The gist of it is that this release replaces all of the "infrastructure"
work tacos does, but not necessarily the components themselves. (Except
maybe the Autocomplete/DatePicker).

For instance, the "AjaxEventSubmit" component has now been replaced with the
@EventListener annotation. They both do the same thing (more or less), with
the EventListener being much more usable and friendly than the former.
(imho).

I haven't added "effects" or the "AjaxDirectLink" sort of functionality yet
either.

If people wanted a wholesale replacement of tacos it may be best to stick
with tacos for the time being. It's unclear when a 4.1 compatible version of
it would be available, but unless people are looking for very specific "drop
in" components they may not need to wait.