tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From "Jesse Kuhnert" <jkuhn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: BeanForm Move
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2006 13:38:18 GMT
I forgot to answer your original question.

No rush on getting it done by the end of the week, not much will change
other than us having documentation for most of the important items. Final is
probably still a ways off.

Also, there are a few caveats to adding this in that you should be aware of:

-) Should go in tapestry-contrib , think you already know that.

-) Should come with maven2 compliant documentation. You should be able to
find this in the root documentation directory under src/site .

-) The not so fun part, we'll need the contrib build step(ie via maven2 ) to
do some sort of interactive confirmation on the command line, only for the
first time contrib is built. This is to satisy the ASF requirements for
having anything built that might rely on outside un-friendly ASF license
code...Like lgpl and hibernate. The confirmation step only needs to have
text in it that says something along the lines of "Some portions of the
library you are building contain non apache 2.0 licensed code. This includes
hibernate library dependencies which use an LGPL license. Please confirm
that you understand. "

Something like that. You really don't have to go through all of this trouble
if you don't want to, but since I'd have to do it one way or the other if we
included your code I'd rather shift the burden to you :)

If you decide to keep the code in an outside library I would understand...
We don't make the rules..