tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From "Howard Lewis Ship" <hls...@gmail.com>
Subject New T5 Snapshots
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2007 22:58:51 GMT
I've put up a new set of Tapestry 5 snapshots.

Nothing too significant changed in tapestry-ioc.

tapestry-core is really beginning to cook!  I've been adding more form
element components: PasswordField and Select to go with Checkbox, TextField
and TextArea.

Form components now post a bunch of different events that event handler
methods can hook into.

Event handler methods for forms can now return strings, links, or components
to abort the form handling and redirect to the named page or link.

An annoying bug related to multiple expansions on a single line of the
template is now fixed.

Tapestry 4 style templates are back, with a few differences. They must live
in the WEB-INF folder.  The default binding prefix is always "prop:" whether
you use <t:comp> or t:id within an existing tag.

There's now basic decoration of fields and labels, keyed off the default
Tapestry stylesheet (that's automatically included).

A bunch of other stuff too involved to explain.

We're still aways from the point where I would want to unleash this on the
unsuspecting public. I have to put in a few more features before I do the
next screencast and start the tutorials:
- Application state objects
- Loop state management within a Form
- BeanForm-style behavior
- Implying component type based on element and attributes.

... and hats off to Kent Tong for diving in a building a sophisticated,
built-in unit test framework.  It's somewhat similar to using Selenium for
testing, but without the need to start Jetty and Selenium servers, so it's
blindingly fast.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
TWD Consulting, Inc.