tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From "Howard Lewis Ship" <hls...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [T5] If component / else
Date Sat, 13 Jan 2007 04:44:29 GMT
The typesafe thing was more about the way that Table hunts around for
a Block component in its container with a specific name (convention
over configuration).  I've always been split on that approach, even
though it was very effective.

In Tapestry 5, a similar component will take a number of Block
parameters.  I'll have to introduce a mechanism for component to query
their informal parameters and maybe a couple of other, minor things.

The point is, mucking about in a parent component is a bit of an iffy
approach, and the <t:parameter> element makes the same approach
possible with less work, more readability, fewer questions.

Glad someones looking at the code and docs!

On 1/12/07, Kent Tong <kent@cpttm.org.mo> wrote:
> Howard Lewis Ship <hlship <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Anyway, this replaced a lot of stuff from Tapestry 4:  The Block and
> > RenderBlock components. It's easier and more typesafe.
>
> I don't understand how it replaces RenderBlock, if the parameter block
> is to be rendered somewhere in the middle of the template.
>
> --
> Author of a book for learning Tapestry (http://www.agileskills2.org/EWDT)

Howard M. Lewis Ship
TWD Consulting, Inc.