tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From "Howard Lewis Ship" <hls...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: T5... how rough is it?
Date Fri, 26 Jan 2007 21:30:10 GMT
Well, it's not for the faint of heart, but it's increasingly feature
complete (for the first phase) and stable.

There's no concept of client-side support yet, none of the JavaScript
generation from Tapestry 4 is in place.

Client-side persistent fields are not yet implemented.

I'm about to jump in and change a bunch of things to be
case-insensitive. That's a big job but should be very useful.

I haven't implemented RadioGroup and Radio, and there's no replacement
for ImageSubmit yet.

Also, I've implemented ASOs, but there's no way to check for an ASO
without triggering its creation (and the creation of the session).

Beyond that, things are looking very good!

it's a simpler, cleaner, faster, better framework from T4 ... but it
doesn't have as many features (not yet).

On 1/26/07, Robert Zeigler <robertz@scazdl.org> wrote:
> Question for Howard, and perhaps anybody who has played with T5. :)
> Tassel (http://www.tapestrycomponent.org/) is long overdue for an
> overhaul/update. In the pro
> cess, I'll likely be upgrading tapestry versions, as well. T5 looks
> compelling.  Could Tassel be rewritten using the current incarnation
> of T5?  I suspect it would be useful to have some early adopters of
> T5 to help ferret out bugs, etc., so...? Tassel is large enough of an
> app to be "real-world", but still small enough that tapestry API
> changes mid-project wouldn't bother me at all.
> Thoughts?
>
> Robert

Howard M. Lewis Ship
TWD Consulting, Inc.