tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From "D&J Gredler" <djgred...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: tap5 + doctypes
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2007 16:22:03 GMT
I've run into this problem as well, and ended up modifying
org.apache.tapestry.dom.Document#toMarkup(PrintWriter) to call

writer.write("<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC \"-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN\" \"
http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd\">");

before calling _rootElement.toMarkup().

Maybe Document needs a getDocType() / setDocType() that gets used internally
in toMarkup(PrintWriter)? Plus maybe some constants for some of the more
common doctypes?