tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From "David Avenante" <d.avena...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: T5 AJAX
Date Tue, 01 May 2007 02:18:51 GMT
I took a glance at some ajax framework.

For the moment my preference go to ext :
http://extjs.com/download/build

I like this framework because for some reasons :
 1 - You can choose your core library (Yahoo
UI!<http://developer.yahoo.com/yui>,
jQuery or
<http://jquery.com/>
Prototype/Scriptaculous <http://prototypejs.org/>)

 2 - The quality of widgets is very impressive.

 3 - With JQuery and prototype you can use the rich existing plugins library

JQuery ans Prototype use fluent interface style (a la JMock) and it's very
easy and clean to use.

For Dojo, after take a glance i founded many functionality but not very
clean.
For exemple the menu is very much rich in functionality in Ext than in Dojo.

Thank's.