tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From "Howard Lewis Ship" <hls...@gmail.com>
Subject Tapestry at Denver & Boulder JUGs
Date Sat, 16 Jun 2007 20:25:56 GMT
Had a really cool time doing the Tapestry 5 spiel in Denver and
Boulder this week. Sure it cost me about $2000 in lost billable time,
but that's just how I roll.

Scott Davis had some very good ideas; he's a big proponent of Grails,
and he thinks the key is to offer a full stack; i.e., the archetype
includes some basic Hibernate entities, plus some scaffolding for
those entities, and Maven machinerty to start it all up and run Derby
or HSQLDB.  So, really, it would be nice if we had even more Trails
like behavior as part of the quickstart archetype, right from the
get-go.

I'm beginning to learn towards the idea that quickstart should evolve
to be the "maximal" Tapestry template (and perhaps we add a "minimal"
archetype for bare-bones).

Thoughts?

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship