tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From "Howard Lewis Ship" <hls...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: prop support for Scala properties
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2007 01:27:52 GMT
Do you think in terms of extending the existing "prop:" binding, or
adding a "scala:" binding as well?

It would be interesting to get this convention implemented inside
Tapestry IOC, inside the PropertyAccess service, which would allow it
to be used by the BeanEditForm, Grid and pretty much everywhere else
... in which case, no changes to prop: would be necessary.

As long as it is tested and documented, I don't see it causing any
harm.  For read only properties, the prop: binding support explicit
method names, so you can say:

prop:foo.bar().baz().biff

This was implemented mostly for Collection.size(), etc.

--
Howard M. Lewis Ship
TWD Consulting, Inc.