tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org>
Subject [Tapestry Wiki] Update of "AcegiTapestry5" by RobinHelgelin
Date Sun, 19 Aug 2007 06:49:40 GMT
Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Tapestry Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by RobinHelgelin:
http://wiki.apache.org/tapestry/AcegiTapestry5

New page:
This page describes how to use the Tapestry5 library tapestry5-acegi found at http://www.localhost.nu/java/tapestry5-acegi.
It aids to help initialize [http://www.acegisecurity.org Acegi Security] and all it's dependencies.
There is also an example application available at http://www.localhost.nu/svn/public/tapestry5-acegi-example.

This page assumes the use is using maven to control it's project.

First, you need to add the correct dependencies to your pom.xml file. This example assumes
version 1.0, however, check the website, as there might be new versions available.
{{{
<dependency>
   <groupId>nu.localhost.tapestry</groupId>
   <artifactId>tapestry5-acegi</artifactId>
   <version>1.0</version>
</dependency>
}}}

We also need to add the remote repository.
{{{
<repository>
    <id>localhost.nu</id>
    <url>http://www.localhost.nu/java/mvn</url>
</repository>
}}}

All configuration symbols provided by tapestry5-acegi can be overriden using the usual Tapestry
methods. In this example we change the default password encoder and the url called when we
failed to login.

{{{
public static void contributeApplicationDefaults(MappedConfiguration<String, String>
configuration)
{
    configuration.add("acegi.failure.url", "/loginpage/failed");
    configuration.add("acegi.password.encoder", "org.acegisecurity.providers.encoding.Md5PasswordEncoder");
}
}}}

We also need some sort of authentication provider, most likely you will be using daoAuthenticationManager
which can be used like this.
{{{
public static void bind(ServiceBinder binder) {
    binder.bind(UserDetailsService.class, UserDetailsServiceImpl.class);
}

public static UserDetailsService buildUserDetailsService(Session session) {
    return new UserDetailsServiceImpl(session);
}

public static void contributeProviderManager(
        OrderedConfiguration<AuthenticationProvider> configuration,
        @InjectService("DaoAuthenticationProvider") AuthenticationProvider daoAuthenticationProvider)
{
    configuration.add("daoAuthenticationProvider", daoAuthenticationProvider);
}
}}}