tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From "Joost Schouten" <joost...@jsportal.com>
Subject RE: Prototype vs. JQuery vs. Dojo 0.9 vs. ???
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2007 03:22:23 GMT

Cheers,
Joost

We have just stripped T5 completely of all it's javascript as it was causing

-----Original Message-----
From: Andreas Andreou [mailto:andreoua@gmail.com] On Behalf Of andyhot
Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2007 2:46 PM
To: Tapestry development
Subject: Re: Prototype vs. JQuery vs. Dojo 0.9 vs. ???

In my mind there's only one correct answer for Tapestry to this:
nothing and everything!

ext is looking great these days, yui is ... yahoo, dojo 0.9-1.0 is sooo
improved
and prototype is ... the good old prototype - and who knows what's to come

If anyone's been looking at my recent 4.1 commits, i've set to abstract
all dojo calls through
the tapestry object - and i've been able to do this by introducing just
6-7 more functions in it.
And i can now replace dojo with other libraries - i expect a few more
technical challenges, but
it should be straightforward to work

So, perhaps this would prove as a guide for T5 as well

--
Andreas Andreou - andyhot@apache.org - http://andyhot.di.uoa.gr
Tapestry / Tacos developer