tapestry-dev mailing list archives

From andyhot <andy...@di.uoa.gr>
Subject Re: Prototype vs. JQuery vs. Dojo 0.9 vs. ???
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2007 01:46:29 GMT
In my mind there's only one correct answer for Tapestry to this:
nothing and everything!

ext is looking great these days, yui is ... yahoo, dojo 0.9-1.0 is sooo
improved
and prototype is ... the good old prototype - and who knows what's to come

If anyone's been looking at my recent 4.1 commits, i've set to abstract
all dojo calls through
the tapestry object - and i've been able to do this by introducing just
6-7 more functions in it.
And i can now replace dojo with other libraries - i expect a few more
technical challenges, but
it should be straightforward to work

So, perhaps this would prove as a guide for T5 as well

--
Andreas Andreou - andyhot@apache.org - http://andyhot.di.uoa.gr
Tapestry / Tacos developer